Sunday, December 28, 2003

Help Not Wanted?

Here's intense hatred for you: Iran suffers a catastrophic earthquake with at least 20,000 dead. Israel offers help. Iran refuses! Per a spokesman for Iran's Interior Ministry,

"The Islamic Republic of Iran accepts all kinds of humanitarian aid from all countries and international organizations with the exception of the Zionist regime".

Incredible. 'We'd rather all sink into the earth than take your stinkin' help!'

I found this item on the Shark Blog, which I frequently read. Thanks to the Shark!

I found no mention of this offer-refusal in my local media, or in the national stuff I sometimes browse. The AP story in the Indy Star mentions the assistance provided by the US, names others, such as the Swiss, British, Russians, and naturally, the UN.

Of course, this is why I frequently scan blogs, and why I only sometimes browse the rest.

Iran's hatred for Israel is hard for me to comprehend. The US named Iran as part of the Axis of Evil, and yet, American aid is good enough to accept.

No comments: