Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Surfin' The Star

I do a daily check for the word 'libertarian' when I visit any newspaper website. I visit the Indianapolis Star site every day. The Star's coverage (shall I say lack of coverage?) of Libertarian candidates has been positively frustrating.

I won't go into the details with links. I will simply advise my fellow Hoosier Libertarians to take a whole week to scan the front pages for political coverage. You will find daily articles on the gubernatorial race. You will find a mention of the Libertarian candidate in stories written by the Associated Press, but when Matthew Tully or Mary Beth Schneider writes one? Nah. Not even the journalistic exercise that reads, "Libertarian candidate Kenn Gividen is also on the November ballot." This latter should always be present.

Please write a nice letter to the Star requesting that they at least throw us the journalistic minimum bone. Thank you.

No comments: