Thursday, March 24, 2005

Another Disaffected Republican

I'm seeing more and more signs of this, and frankly, it's about time. The GOP periodically gets back in touch with being in favor of limited government and personal responsibility (think Goldwater, then Reagan, the Gingrich), but this is not one of those times.

Here is a letter from someone in my hometown, in today's Indy Star:
GOP has trouble framing its role

If I were a patriotic Republican these days, I would be very concerned about what is happening to my party. From the righteous deceit in the shifting justification of the Iraqi war to the self-righteous intervention into the lives of Michael and Terri Schiavo, the Republican Party seems to have trouble framing its role appropriately in our system of governance.

Lowell Bartel
Fishers

While I tend to focus on state and local issues, this is someone more focused on national issues. Different focus, same conclusions.

No comments: