Friday, March 04, 2005

Poker Roundup

Knowing that I had to finish in the top three in order to have a prayer of advancing in this five-week tournament, I resolved that I would play a disciplined game, grinding out advancement through folding, if necessary.

It was necessary, and boring. Sheesh! I played only six hands all night. I won four, which was nice. Another was a split. My only losing hand was at the final table, leaving me in sixth place. This was my best finish yet, but won't get me to the next round.

I caught rags all night long. The first table would have been an opportunity to clean up had I caught anything, since the table was in with four or more players almost every time, and they were playing crap. Fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold... I was disciplined, allowing the others to carve each other up and knock each other out. I advanced through inaction.

Ah, well. There will be other tournaments. This was a nice initiation. I figure if I can get to the final table every time in a group of 40, I'll win one soon enough.

No comments: