Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Cally-for-nee-ah

I'll be riveted to the AM talk radio tomorrow in the truck between inspections, listening for news on the California recall. Heck, I'm so eager to hear all I can, I'll probably even tune in to the NPR station.

I disagree quite a bit with Arnold Schwarzneggar's stated policies, ranging widely from some economic issues to some social issues. But I like this about him: he strikes me as a leader.

I have encountered precious few leaders in my life. Leaders will at the least inspire you to excell, and at best encourage and assist you while inspiring you.

I find it very refreshing to even have a leader available in a gubernatorial race. I have not had a chance to vote for a candidate I consider a leader in any election, for any office, in my entire life, so I am more than a little jealous that Californians have this opportunity which they seem to deserve so little. So many technocrats and authoritarians of so many stripes out there...

No comments: