Thursday, October 19, 2006

Bean Dinner a Success!

Thursday night was a glorious night, as supporters of the Kole Campaign gathered for NK Hurst 15-Bean Soup, and fellowship with defenders of property rights.

Many, many thanks to great friend Jim Hurst, who put the event together and provided the excellent food. Also, thanks for his remarks in introducing me. Public speaking isn't everyone's idea of fun, and I appreciate that Jim got up and spoke because of his support for me. I appreciate that very much!

Many, many thanks to Rob Place and Dan Drexler, who managed many of the events' details.

Big thanks to Mark Rutherford for his exuberant fundraising pitch, and to Kyle McDonald for his dignified introductions.

Thanks of course to all who attended and contributed. Your support is the fuel I need for the stretch run!

We raised over $5,000 on this evening, and it will go a long way towards covering the state with radio ads.

Photo gallery:

Jim Hurst & Mike. Jim said, "OK. I want one of those toothy grinned politician handshake pictures". How can I turn this man down?


Alongside Jim Hurst, I'm listening to Fred McCarthy, Indianapolis budgetary watchdog and author of the great Indy Tax Dollars blog.

No comments: