Tuesday, February 03, 2009

New Podcast

The Indiana House Public Policy Committee is hearing testimony Wednesday morning on House Bill 1213, which would ban smoking in all Indiana workplaces if passed. 

I spoke with Chris Ward, the 2007 candidate for Lawrence Mayor in a special edition of the Libertarian Party of Indiana's Weekly Podcast. Chris has a useful perspective. He is a former smoker, and works in a restaurant that currently allows smoking in the bar area of the building. We talked about the health issues related to smoking in the workplace, worker choice, and the rights of business property owners.

For my part, I am scheduled to speak on the side of opponents of the bill in the House Chamber. I don't smoke, and I don't own a bar or a restaurant, but I believe in the primacy of the right of business owners over the intrusion of the state on the behalf of others.

No comments: