Monday, January 23, 2012

Tim Thomas Slights Obama

This makes absolutely no sense to me. From ESPN:
President Barack Obama honored the NHL's Boston Bruins for their 2011 Stanley Cup championship, but one key member of the team was absent.

Goaltender Tim Thomas, one of only two Americans from the 2011 Stanley Cup team, decided not to join his teammates.

Obama hosted the six-time champions at a White House ceremony Monday afternoon, when he also lauded the team for its charitable work.

"Everybody has their own opinions and political beliefs and he chose not to join us," Bruins team president Cam Neely said of Thomas.

I'm not a fan of Obama. I wasn't a fan of Bush. In fact, I can't remember being much of a fan of any president, apart from Clinton when he was first elected, and I was a Democrat. But had President Obama or Bush ever invited me to a function, I would certainly accept. To visit the White House, to meet the President? It's all the chance of a lifetime.

If nothing else, I might take a chance to say, "Mr. President- I really wish you would change our foreign policy". When else will Tim Thomas ever have as good a chance to make an impression?

Well, I guess he did- just not the kind that would change anything.

No comments: