Sunday, May 22, 2005

The Curiosities of Campaigning

As I move further along the trail, I pick up my own curious observations. For instance: Did I ever think I would suffer a sore shoulder as a result of campaigning? Why, no. I did not, although I suppose I might expect that result from holding a bullhorn for 12 hours on end.

Saturday afternoon, the LP of Wells County hosted an event featuring target practice with a variety of firearms. I took aim at 10 clay pigeons, striking 5 with slugs from the 12-gauge shotgun. I was immediately dismayed that I only took 5. A few years ago, I would have gotten 9. When I got home, I was dismayed with the deep soreness in my right shoulder. That gun had some kind of kick!

Thanks to Chair Brandon Harnish and Wells County for hosting a fun, safe event. Harnish is a fervent supporter of the 2nd Amendment and a gracious host.

No comments: