Monday, October 03, 2005

Freudian Slip?

I was doing my morning blog surf, and while at Alchemy For Dummies, I noticed a link to the US Constitution, so I thought I'd click it and refresh the memory on some of those you don't think of much, like the 9th or 12th Amendments.

It was gone. The link turned up a, "this item has been removed" message. The host site is the National Archives! How can the US Constitution be gone?! Is this some kind of gag?

Then I remembered what year it is, and how far our country has wandered from the vision of Jefferson, Madison, Monroe... heck- even Hamilton looks like Ludwig von Mises in retrospect.

Yes, maybe the Constitution is gone. Most people would never miss it. Even the ACLU, who self-bills as a defender of the Bill of Rights, isn't interested in several Amendments, such as the 2nd. From the ACLU's site:
Majority power is limited by the Constitution's Bill of Rights, which consists of the original ten amendments ratified in 1791

Oh yeah- the Bill of Rights is also gone from the National Archives site. *Sigh*

No comments: