Sunday, February 20, 2011

Big Changes Lie Ahead

(Fishers, IN)- Is this my midlife crisis? Aren't I supposed to get a sports car or something?

I've been fairly dissatisfied with my work situation over the past 2+ years. It isn't that I don't enjoy the work. I do! I just can't get enough of it in this economy to make the kind of money I want to.

But then, it isn't all about money. I like doing the work, because when I'm done, not only do I get paid (I'm not hourly), but I leave with two other parties that are pleased with my role: my client is happy I have acquired the right to use someone's land; the land owner has some money for a remote corner of the property they weren't using anyway. That's satisfaction! But, if it isn't there, it isn't there.

I have a business idea in mind that I've had in mind for 10 years or more. I know it can work, because I am watching others in other states make it happen. Being that I subscribe to the 'better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done," I really want to get after it with the necessary research and investigation into feasibility here in Central Indiana.

One door closes, another swings open. Perhaps. We'll see. I'm being vague, but in time the story will be told.

No comments: