Monday, September 29, 2003

A Favored Columnist

I have been enjoying the writing of Walter Williams for some time. His recent column on freedom of association is brilliant. The topic is rarely mentioned, but is a key component to any free state. Examine the degree to which freedom of association exists in this country, and you may not enjoy the conclusions you draw. If so, you will be correct.

It struck me earlier today that two of my favorite political writers are black economists. I also enjoy the thinking of Thomas Sowell.

There is something very intellectually satisfying about the consistent application of cause and effect, devoid of emotion, that economics provides that explains political solutions to human 'problems' so well: the law of unintended consequences. These men may not be dazzling wordsmiths, but they are brilliant thinkers, and I enjoy their work very much.

No comments: